One-Skillet 'BLT' Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves
- Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, pasta and garlic salt; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and cook 12 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, heat bacon in microwave according to package directions. Chop bacon; set aside.
- Place spinach on top of pasta mixture. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until spinach wilts and pasta is tender. Add bacon; stir to combine. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
6 servings (about 1 cup each) Calories 241; Total Fat 7 g(Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 4 mg; Sodium 635 mg; Carbohydrate 36 g; (Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 5 g); Protein 8 g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 60%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 5%; Iron 15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Kraft® is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods, Inc.