Recipe: Curry Shrimp Kabobs with Mango Rice
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mango
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (26/33 count) with tail, thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Lime wedges, optional
- Spray cold grate of gas grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill for medium heat. Stir together rice, water, coconut milk and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in drained tomatoes, mango and cilantro.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with oil and curry powder in large bowl; set aside. When rice is done, thread shrimp evenly onto metal skewers. Grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve shrimp and rice with lime wedges, if desired.