- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1/2 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 mini sandwich buns
- 6 slices (1 oz each) part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine beef, Parmesan cheese, parsley, egg and 1 teaspoon garlic in medium bowl. Divide mixture into 12 portions; shape into meatballs and place on aluminum foil-lined shallow baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until done (160°F).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add remaining 2 teaspoons garlic, cook 1 minute more or until fragrant. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place open buns on baking sheet. Spoon sauce on bottom of each bun; place 1 meatball on each bun and more sauce, if desired. Top each with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts and bun tops are lightly crisped. Close with tops of buns.
6 servings (2 sandwiches each) Calories 507; Total Fat 20 g(Saturated Fat 8 g); Cholesterol 102 mg; Sodium 1234 mg; Carbohydrate 45 g; (Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 9 g); Protein 33 g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 13%; Vitamin C 17%; Calcium 47%; Iron 28%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Kraft® is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods, Inc.