- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Stewed Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place rice and broth in 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir. Place cabbage on top; do NOT stir. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 15 minutes or until rice and cabbage is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and pepper to meat. Break up tomatoes with spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 10 minutes. When rice mixture is done, add to skillet; toss together.
6 servings (1-1/3 cups each) Calories 316; Total Fat 9 g(Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 44 mg; Sodium 619 mg; Carbohydrate 39 g; (Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 8 g); Protein 18 g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 58%; Calcium 9%; Iron 19%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.