Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (29 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Puree
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend (3 cups = 12 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in tomato puree, chili powder, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Layer 4 tortillas, half of the chicken, 2/3 cup cheese and 1/4 of the sauce in prepared dish. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 4 tortillas, remaining sauce and remaining 2/3 cup cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
3. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes more. Cut into 8 pieces.