Bean Burrito Bowl
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 can (15 oz each) Ranch Style® Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz each) garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add 2/3 cup of the onion and the garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes.
2. Add tomato sauce, water, ground chile and 1 teaspoon of the cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
3. Meanwhile, place both beans, drained tomatoes, corn, the remaining onion, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce and the remaining cumin in large bowl. Mix well; set aside.
4. When rice is done, stir in salt. Divide hot rice mixture among 8 individual bowls or spread in 13x9-inch dish. Top with cheese, lettuce and bean mixture. Serve immediately and top each serving with sour cream.